Please visit our new project at: www.parkeastcondos.ca
Garry Loewen 204-227-5744 / Chris Dudeck 204-293-3399
Royalwood Square Frequently Asked QuestionsDownload Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the developer for Royalwood Square?
A & S Homes, a part of the A & S Group of Companies, is the developer. With over 30 years of building experience, A & S is recognized as one of Winnipeg's finest condominium developers.
How many homes are planned for Royalwood Square?
There will be a total of 64 homes in this condominium community.
Where is Royalwood Square located?
The address is 455 Shorehill Drive, R3X 0H8, at Demetrioff Drive, in Royalwood. Royalwood is an all residential neighbourhood, conveniently located near all amenities and complimented by lakes, parks and a 100+ acre forest reserve. A treed green space borders the north of the project and the southwest facing units feature scenic lake views.
What features make Royalwood Square condominiums superior?
Floor plans that work! The combined efforts of experienced architects working with award winning designers, as well as feedback from past condominium purchasers, have led to floor plans that are functional, stylish and very livable.
Other standard features include:
- Piled foundation under the entire structure
- Engineered floor systems - a sturdier, straighter and quieter floor than standard dimensional floor systems
- Energy efficient R 40+ insulation in the attic and R 20+ insulation in the exterior walls
- High efficiency dual pane, low E argon filled windows with a 3.9 R factor - 20% more efficient than standard triple pane
- 60 gallon 100% efficient electric hot water tank
- High efficiency natural gas furnace
How effective is the sound proofing between units?
Royalwood Square uses one of the most effective sound proofing systems of any condominium development in Winnipeg, with consistent sound transmission co-efficiency (STC) of 66 - 3 times greater than the building code of 50 STC.
As a comparison:
- A concrete block wall has a rating of 50 STC
- A solid concrete wall has a rating of 52 STC
- A standard double wall system has an average rating of 54 STC
- The Royalwood Square wall system has a consistent rating of 66 STC
How fireproof are the Royalwood Square condominiums?
Because of the superior wall systems between the units, Royalwood Square has a 2 hour fire rating (equivalent to that a concrete block wall) and double the fire rating of a standard double wall system.
How will the condominium units be heated and cooled?
- High efficiency (90%) natural gas furnaces with fresh air intakes are the standard
- Central air conditioning is included with every unit
How will the exterior be finished?
- Eldorado stone front detailing
- Raised stucco clad exterior with detailed build-outs
- Decorative vents and sunbursts
- Gable end vertical siding
- Window trim, soffits and fascia in a maintenance free finish
- High pitched roof with 25 year shingles
- Steel insulated front doors with sidelights and transom windows
- Concrete driveways and sidewalks
Is the deck included?
Every unit comes complete with a pressure treated wood deck and railing off the dining room. Every unit also includes a main level concrete block patio off the den.
How are the interiors finished?
- Large windows throughout
- Great room plans with island kitchens complete with electric fireplace and built-in entertainment unit
- Open kitchen complete with island breakfast bar and pantry
- Two or three bedroom plans
- Two full bathrooms and main level powder room
- Standard fully finished lower levels
- Royalwood Square purchasers will be able to choose from an array of professionally selected décor packages with designer flooring, cabinetry, paint and finishing combinations
Are fireplaces available?
All of the homes in Royalwood Square have been designed to include electric fireplaces, complete with built-in entertainment units.
How will the site be finished?
- Extensive plantings of trees and shrubs throughout the grounds as planned by the landscape architect
- Custom fencing of 4 and 6 feet and natural forest to the north will surround the property
Where can visitors park?
Visitors can park on the driveways or in the visitor guest spots provided. Please see the site plan for specifics.
Where is the mail delivered?
Canada Post will set up a central mail box at the entrance to the complex. Owners will be able to obtain their key(s) from the Canada Post Office located at 595 St Anne's Road.
Who looks after the disposal of garbage and recycling?
The City of Winnipeg will provide curbside removal of your garbage and recycling.
Is Royalwood Square age restricted?
People of any age can move into Royalwood Square.
Are pets allowed in Royalwood Square?
Yes, pets are allowed. Some restrictions apply.
Which property management company will be looking after Royalwood Square?
Smith Agency will be the property manager for Royalwood Square. The contact person is Stuart Plant (Phone: 204.287.2872).
What type of insurance is needed for a condominium?
Home insurance specific to condominiums is readily available. Contact your insurance broker or refer to Smith Agency for further details.
What is the common element?
Common property or common element is everything other than the interior of the units. Exclusive use common elements would be such items as driveways and decks.
What will the monthly condominium fee be and what do they cover?
The monthly condominium fee at Royalwood Square will be $150. The condominium fee will cover the cost of services such as snow clearing, yard care, exterior maintenance, property management and contribution to the reserve fund.
Hydro, gas and water are individually metered and billed to the homeowner. Telephone, television and internet services are also the responsibility of the home owner.
What are the estimated property taxes for Royalwood Square?
Property taxes are based on the assessed value of your home. The City of Winnipeg estimates the net property taxes will be approximately $3,500 per year.
Royalwood Square SpecificationsDownload Specifications
- 8" steel reinforced grade beam on 16" concrete piles
- concrete floor over 6" buckshot gravel base
- Radon gas protection under basement floor
- Concrete floor to foundation sealed with caulking
- 16 x 7 insulated steel sectional overhead door with 10 year manufacturers warranty
- Interior electrical outlet
- Wiring in ceiling for garage door opener
- Concrete grade beam on 16" concrete piles
- Steel reinforced concrete floor
- 3/4" tongue & groove subfloor screwed down and glued
- 3/8" K3 board under vinyl flooring
- Engineered floor system
- 2" x 6" kiln dried lumber at 16" on center
- 7/16" wood sheathing
- R20 fiberglass insulation
- Caulking applied to top and bottom plates
- 6 mil poly vapour barrier
- Walls finished with 1⁄2" drywall
- 2" x 4" lumber at 16" on center
- 2" x 6" lumber at 16" center for bearing or plumbing walls
- Square style corner beads
- Walls finished with 1/2" drywall
- Walls and ceilings primed and painted
- State of the art sound proofing system
- Engineered roof trusses, 24" on center
- R40 blown insulation in attic
- 7/16" wood sheathing with H-clips
- 25 year warranty on asphalt shingles
- 6 mil poly vapour barrier
- 1/2" SAG Resistant drywall
- Staircase with 36" stub walls
- Eldorado stone front detailing
- Raised stucco clad exterior with detailed buildouts
- Decorative vents and sunbursts
- Gable end vertical siding
- Pressure treated 2x6" decking with 36" railing
Soffits / Fascia
- Pre-finished aluminum soffits, fascia, eaves and down-spouts
- Continuous soffit venting
- Swing up/down spout extensions
- 20 year manufacturers warranty against peeling and flaking
Doors and Windows
- Pre-finished insulated front door with sidelite and transom window
- Front door handle with deadbolt lock
- Oversized sliding glass doors on lower and main levels
- Energy Efficient Dual pane PVC windows with Low E and Argon gas filled
- Lifetime hardware warranty
- 20 year manufacturers warranty on PVC and seals
- Front windows complete with decorative grills
- 100 amp panel
- 3 weatherproof outlets, 1 at deck, 1 below deck, 1 at garage
- Telephone jacks pre-wired to bedrooms, den and kitchen
- Cable jacks pre-wired to bedrooms, den and living room
- Central vacuum outlets roughed-in
- Roughed-in central alarm system
- Early warning smoke detectors directly wired as per Code
- Heat sensor in garage
- 220 volt stove and dryer plug
- Christmas light plug on separate switch
- Bathroom G.F.I (grounded) outlets
- Roughed-in electrical for future garburator
- Roughed-in electrical for future dishwasher
- Exterior lights controlled by photo electric cells
- Designer selected lighting fixtures as per plan
Heating & Cooling Systems
- High efficiency (90%) natural gas forced air furnace with direct fresh air intake and air pressure balancing system
- 20 year warranty on furnace heat exchanger
- 5 year warranty on computer board parts
- Galvanized heating ducts
- Dryer vent to outside
- Central exhaust - bath fans vented to exterior
- Central air conditioning
- Venting roughed-in for over the range microwave or hood fan, vented to the outside
- Painted raised panel interior doors
- Full width vanity mirrors
- Privacy locks on master bedroom and bathroom doors
- Satin nickel finish passage sets
- Electric fireplace
- Built-in entertainment unit
- Wood 4" baseboards and 3" casings, paint finish
Cabinets & Countertops
- Choice of shaker style cabinetry with crown moulding and choice of laminate countertop
- Choice of shaker style vanities in bathroom and laminate countertops
- Lifetime warranty on cabinetry hardware
- Double stainless steel kitchen sink with single lever tap and vegetable sprayer
- Roughed-in plumbing for dishwasher
- Single lever handle faucet in all bathrooms
- Low flow lined toilet tanks in all lavatories
- Pop-up drains on all sinks and tubs
- PVC water lines
- Sewer back-up water valve
- 60 imperial gallon electric hot water tank (5 year manufacturers warranty)
- Exterior frost free tap in garage
2 Bedroom Plan
- Ensuite includes one piece acrylic tub
- Second ensuite includes 4 foot shower with 1 seat and 2 panel sliding glass doors in chrome frame
3 Bedroom Plan
- Ensuite includes 4 foot shower with 1 seat and 2 panel sliding glass doors in chrome frame
- Second bathroom includes one piece acrylic tub
- 100% PET Polyester Enviro Select carpet collection with 100% Virgin Polyurethane foam underpad
- 10 year wear warranty
- High quality vinyl flooring in foyer, bathrooms and kitchen
- Architecturally designed landscaping including sod, shrubs, trees and fencing
- Concrete driveways and walkways
- 5 year Builders New Home Warranty Program of Manitoba
- 1 year A&S Full Service Warranty
- All homes are covered under the Home Owners Warranty as provided by the Builder's New Home Warranty Program of Manitoba Inc.
- The builder will supply a survey certificate after possession date.
- Although most of the work will be completed before possession, weather limitations may affect the timing of exterior finishes such as stucco, painting, sidewalks, grading, etc. These will be completed as weather permits.
- Concrete and asphalt floors, driveways and sidewalks are affected by soil conditions, salt and frost. Therefore no guarantee related to damage caused by these conditions can be given by the Builder.
- Location of all electrical, water lines and gas meters to be determined by Manitoba Hydro and City of Winnipeg.
- Due to ongoing research and analysis, the plans, specifications, materials, and elevations are subject to change at the Builder's discretion. The Builder reserves the right to make substitutions of equal or greater quality, provided they meet the requirements of the Manitoba Building Code.
- To assist you in visualizing a home setting, show homes may have special décor, drapery, paintings, lighting, display fixtures, feature walls, mirrors, exhibits, accessories, furnishing, and appliances. These are meant for display purposes only. Standard specifications can be identified by our Salesperson.